Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It’s the Day Before Christmas–Why Am I So Sad?

It is the day before Christmas.  Why do I feel so sad, so depressed, do oppressed?  This should be a very happy time of year, yet, I feel overwhelmed with all that is going on in the world. 

I live in a relatively safe place.  Not much impacts my lifestyle and my day to day goings on other than the choices I make.  But there are many throughout the world for whom that is not the case.  They are oppressed and put down, some even threated with the ending of their lives by bullies and mad men. 

I’m beginning to  think it is all about control.  Control that is real or even perceived.  How do you combat that without armies at your disposal?  I want to beat the crap out of these power hungry morons.  Yet, I know that will not solve the problem.  It will only give me some fleeting sense of satisfaction that will last only for a short time.

What is my responsibility here?  I‘m guessing that this is the crux of my frustration, feelings of being overwhelmed and depression.  I really do not know WHAT my responsibility is. 

It is easy to ignore these issues for a time but they seem to come back again and again, never really leaving, just being hidden or covered up by other thoughts.  I’m hoping that by the time the new year comes I will be able to find some sort of answer.  I welcome your ideas.

No comments: