Thursday, May 21, 2015

New Job Assignment

I was getting somewhat bored with work.  too much time was being lost to the internet because of a lack of motivation on my part to “look” for work.

I prayed about it – almost half-heartedly.  I wasn’t sure if I really wanted more or even something new.  Well…HE has a sense of humor you know…and HE directed it in my direction.

My employer called and asked me to takeover one of our other locations since the manager there decided to leave one Friday.  He gave about negative 20 minutes notice.  He sent, broadcast really, a poorly worded email to everyone burning all the concrete and steel bridges he had.  There was nothing left but scorched earth.

My boss is a good man who treats his employees quite well.  So I was quite shocked to see what my co-worker wrote.  It sounded like he did not communicate with the boss well.  With that said, my boss asked me to take on the responsibility of running his office along with the one I already had.

I AM NOT BORED AT WORK ANYLONGER!!!  I am so busy that I feel like a pinball machine.  I have chosen to workout out of our main headquarters office.  It is a buzz of activity in comparison to my office.  With four, now five, project managers all working multiple projects, there is always some form of drama going on, and I am finding that the other PM’s are coming to me to help with their problems rather than go to the boss as before. 

I am enjoying all the work but it is exhaustive.  I’m glad to have a three day weekend in two days.  I need it.

OK,, Lord, you have had your fun…hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: