Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm not sure what I am supposed to learn from the last few weeks. In and out of the hospital daily, doctor appointments, labs, blood draws, more doctors to see. What does it all mean? Yes, I have some little buggers running around where they shouldn't and they need to be destroyed. But is there a chance it is bigger than that? Was there someone in this adventure who needed me to pray for them or offer an encouraging word? Could that be part of the purpose?

I met many people over the last week – some old friends from my previous bout with this bug and I met many new friends. None of them were grouchy or seemed sad. They seemed like they really did enjoy what they did. That was good. It helped me through a tough time. But I still have to ask if there was a deeper lesson for me to learn?

The only issue that jumps up for me is that unlike my previous episode 10 weeks ago, this time it seemed to be about me. I mean, for me, it was about me and not about others. I did not remember to pray for those whom I had conversations and discussions. I didn't pray for the assistant (Julie) or the blood draw lady (Vicki). I did not pray for the nurse (Marla) nor for the doctors (can't remember their names). It just seemed to be about me. Why was I so focuses on me and not them?

That's not to say that there were not brief moments where I prayed for them – it just was not what I was focused on – and probably should have been.

Lord, forgive my selfishness.

1 comment:

Kassie said...

Isn't it amazing what we can see when we "refocus" on the One Thing that matters in life?! God can use each encounter with someone else. You never know! Love you, Daddy.