Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Very Short Discussion on Healing

I came away from a small group discussion a little confused and perplexed with comments made by someone on prayer for the needy.  I am sure that those around me could see the confusion / concern on my face.  I’m not sure if I misunderstood what was said or if we are just that far apart.  I’m hoping for the former.

I am not trying to put words in their mouth, but, this is what I think I heard, right or wrong.  

I think they said that our prayers for God’s healing and/or intervention for others did not matter if there were other unresolved issues in their lives that would make it difficult for them to have a right relationship with God.

I hope I misunderstood. I have attempted to run the conversation in my mind so many times that it is now just a confusing mess and I know I don’t have it straight any longer.

For me, in my life, it seems, at least, that God almost requires of me to pray for others healing and improvement of life circumstance regardless of the person, their position or circumstance. Knowing that God has asked me to do this simple task is enough. It is His job to take care of the details when he is ready, in His timing, not mine.

My task in this is to be obedient…nothing more, nothing less. However, sometimes I can’t get this simple instruction right. Yet, He asks me, again and again, to be in prayer. It is not for me to decide when, where, how it is to be done. It is my responsibility to just do it when He puts it in my mind…so I pray and say a blessing for those he sends my way.

I do not know the theology behind this, I just know that, in my life, this is how it works.

No comments: