Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some days I wake up with what feels like a heavy heart.  No specific thing is weighing me down, I just feel like I have those heavy lead blankets the dentist puts on you before he takes an xray of your teeth.  A Heavy, heavy weight slowing my mind down.  These mornings I go to Sacred Space, http://sacredspace.ie/ an Irish Jesuit prayer page.  It always manages to lift my spirit. 

These faithful believers have a way with words that seem to always penetrate my soul. I’m not sure how they do it.  Their words are always what I need to hear.

Today, for instance, I woke up at 4:04 am with the rooster crowing.  That is usually my signal that I need to pray about what is on my mind.  I have a short list of people whom I pray for when God wakes me this way.  Somehow in the middle of praying I fell back to sleep – Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  It was the alarm clock going off.  5AM. I got up and made coffee, started my Anthony Burger CD and sat down in my chair for a few minutes of quiet.

With the heavy blanket on my heart, I opened my netbook and tried a couple of pages to distract myself from the feelings I was having.  Didn’t work.  I opened Sacred Space and went through the prayer liturgy for today.  What a blessing.  5 minutes is all it took and it seemed like I was singing.  The heaviness was gone.  I’m not sure what that heaviness was…don’t really care…God managed to help me get past it and start really living my life today.

 

Thank you, God, for giving us such resources like Sacred Space, to help those of us who need it.  And, bless the people who pour their time and effort into such projects.  Blessings on them!

 

No comments: