Monday, May 17, 2010

God is Good

What a weekend. Hard work on Saturday and rest on Sunday. Just how it is supposed to be.

Saturday I finished the greenhouse for Lola. This is something she has wanted since we moved to Washington 8 years ago. Now she has a place to start her vegies and plants to get an early start on the growing season.

Sunday we took time just for ourselves. After a wonderful time at church we went to lunch. We were the first people in the restaurant - a little mariachi music in the background and a nice young lady who kept our chips and salsa full. What more can you ask for?

We took a nice 20 mile drive through the country on the way home, cows in the fields, geese in the meadows, horses at the fence waiting for someone to feed them a carrot or apple. The windows were rolled down and we could hear the birds singing above the low roar of the wind in our hair. How nice it is to relax.

Home and a nap! Never got the nap but home was really nice. We did crawl into bed for some youthful fun and that always has a way of straightening out whatever it is that gets me kinked up. It somehow reshuffles my hard drive and gets my brain working again.

This is all so wonderful because heading into Friday, both Lola and I were getting more and more messed up. She was suffering from depression and I was reacting poorly. I accused her of not taking her meds and she accused me of ...well, being me. Ouch.

We missed our granddaughters recital because neither of us wanted to be in a crowd of people. We wanted some time to ourselves without the need to interact with others. There are just times when quiet and hard work are therapeutic. And, that is what both of us needed.

Now the chore is to find a way to say 'I'm sorry' to Kayla. Perhaps a special concert just for Nana and Papa might help.

All that said, it's Monday morning and the gray clouds are gone. God has help to restore our souls once again. How amazing He is.

No comments: