Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's 6am on Saturday morning. What are you doing? I'm giving my self 5 syringes full of IV meds. That should last about 12 hours and I get to do it all over again - for the next 5 days.

Actually, I am very grateful to the medical staff at Group Health for perhaps saving my life. I managed to get a very sever case of bacterial infection in my blood via my ear and face. They think that they caught it in time however I have to take some very strong meds that they can't just give me through a vein but must be administered through a catheter just above my heart. What fun.

There are two very good up sides to all this. My blood sugars are down where they are supposed to be because I'm not eating much and I'm loosing weight. What a miracle. Modern science has come so far. I love it.

The down side is that my butt is getting flat from sitting. I'm thinking that I may duct tape the IV pump to the handle bars on my bike and see if that doesn't work to get things a little less static.

No comments: